Hundreds -- if not thousands of tweets threaten violence against Romney
Obama supporters continue their threats to riot, Assassinate Romney on Twitter
The Social Networking device Twitter has recently been flooded with hundreds if not thousands of "tweets" vowing to assassinate GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney should he win the election. Ostensible supporters of President Barack Obama have continued to threaten riots, among other social upheavals in the event of a Romney election victory - and federal agents are taking these threats very seriously.
The Social Networking device Twitter has recently been flooded with hundreds if not thousands of 'tweets' vowing to assassinate GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney should he win the election.
Some on Twitter have made direct threats to assassinate Mitt Romney, prompting the Secret Service to announce that it was "aware" of the threats and would "conduct appropriate follow up if necessary."
The media was keen on reporting the threats made against Obama prior to the 2008 election. The media of today, however, appear to be remiss in not reporting the similar attacks that have been made on Romney's life. The act of a few old guys hanging up empty chairs in reference to Clint Eastwood's RNC speech seemed to generate more coverage from the press compared to hundreds if not thousands of tweets threatening violence against Mitt Romney.
Those who have expressed opposition to Obama's policies have been treated as potential violent threats by authorities in the past, and yet not a single Twitter user has faced retribution for making direct and sometimes graphic death threats against Romney.
"Leftists routinely cry foul and attempt to demonize conservatives as violent extremists whenever online rhetoric gets heated, and yet when their own engage in even worse conduct, their behavior is absolved and the media is disinterested," Paul Joseph Watson of Infowars.com writes.
Obama front group Think Progress has attempted to imply that the whole story was somehow a racist contrivance dreamed up by the Drudge Report and Infowars.
Few would argue that if the Secret Service does plan on following up every single negative comment on Romney, they are going to be very busy indeed.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Twitter, Tweets, death threats, riots, Obama, Romney
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Documents reveal US drone policy is scandalously indiscriminate
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Hillary better be prepared, House Oversight and Government Reform chairman Darrell Issa says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?