The BIG Obama lie nobody caught on Tuesday
Nobody except Planned Parenthood and Catholics.
Obama has been caught in another lie. During Tuesday's presidential debate, Obama remorselessly supported Planned Parenthood, saying women rely on them for mammograms.
A lie is a lie, no matter how sweet it sounds.
"When Gov. Romney says that we should eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood, there are millions of women all across the country who rely on Planned Parenthood for not just contraceptive care; they rely on it for mammograms, for cervical cancer screenings. That's a pocketbook issue for women and families all across the country, and it makes a difference in terms of how well and effectively women are able to work," Obama lied.
In reality, no Planned Parenthood facility in the US even has mammogram equipment.
The FDA regulates and licenses mammogram facilities in the US, and such machines cannot be owned and operated without an FDA license. The FDA records indicate that no Planned Parenthood facility has such a license.
Planned Parenthood does, in fact, refer women seeking mammograms to other, non-Planned Parenthood facilities.
So, why the lie?
One can only speculate, however based on past statements, including the HHS edict issued last year requiring private and religious employers to provide contraception and abortifacients to women for free, on demand, shows how badly misguided Obama is.
Either we must accept that the President looked every American in the eye and told them a direct lie, which is not only unbecoming, but also evil, or we must consider the possibility that he simply does not know better.
Obama's faith, whatever it might be, does not properly inform him of the importance and primacy of life as an issue.
Rather, the President sees life as beginning at birth, against all understandings of human biology and he refuses to see otherwise. Furthermore, he is using the man-made, artificially contrived "right to choose" as a means of soliciting votes.
In reality, we do not have a right to choose beyond which point we engage in activity that may produce a child. It is our Creator who then chooses life for us. This is what natural law, reflected in biology, tells us.
Ultimately, Americans must carefully decide who they want in the Oval Office. Do Americans desire a man who is either evil, or so poorly informed and misguided that he cannot help but do harm? Or do we desire someone who is at least informed by a faith that is consistent with natural law on the issue of life?
The answers to such questions are fundamental and profound. We would do well to consider them very carefully before stepping into the voting booth this November.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obama, Planned Parenthood, abortion, mammograms, lie
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Supreme Court: No, you can't ask for proof of citizenship for voter registration
- What happens when the Culture of Surveillance meets the Culture of Corruption?
- Obama tells Charlie Rose Americans are uninformed on NSA program. So why doesn't he inform us?
- Bombshell: Low-level NSA agents can wiretap anyone, even the president, sans warrant
- PRISM precursor programs sparked concerns, potential resignations under Bush
- Facebook, Microsoft reveal number of government requests for your info, but no details
- Whistle-blower Snowden says Obama can still save face after PRISM debacle
- The Culture of Life: Senator Rand Paul gets it right
- Obamacare to cost everybody more than they are paying now
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?