Archbishop Tobin appointed Archbishop of Indianapolis
Highly-qualified Archbishop has distinguished credentials.
According to the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, "Pope Benedict XVI has appointed Archbishop Joseph W. Tobin, C.Ss.R., the Archbishop Secretary of the Vatican Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, the sixth archbishop of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis." The announcement was made today in Rome.
Archbishop Tobin previously oversaw the world's religious orders.
According to a statement from the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, Tobin was responsible for all of the world's religious orders, a population that exceeds one million individuals. Tobin is a distinguished polyglot, speaking Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese and having the ability to read several other languages.
Now he will oversee more people in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.
He is a Detroit native, the oldest of 13 children, and an experienced pastor and minister.
Archbishop Tobin is also a dear friend of Catholic Online and the Catholic Online community. Catholic Online continues to serve Archbishop Tobin and the Redemptorists' online requirements providing many Internet services including email worldwide to the order.
Michael Galloway, President and CEO of Catholic Online, and close friend of Archbishop Tobin, extends his congratulations to the Archbishop and looks forward to his continued success.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Archbishop Tobin, Indianapolis
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- An Anatomy of Christian Joy: 'Be, Jesus, Our Joy!'
- In Imitation of St. Joseph, Model of Fathers of Families
- Fathers Are Guardians of the Family
- Pope Francis: Freedom Means Always Choosing the Good; A Challenge in Today's World
- Pope Francis attracts record breaking number of Twitter followers en Espanol
- Meet these senators who are unafraid to talk about their faith
- 'Lady' the black labrador survives after being shot 100 times with a BB gun
- HARROWING ORDEAL: Nigerian man survives boat capsize in air bubble
- Pope Francis Refers to 'gay lobby' inside Vatican
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?